Roof Leak Detective Tips:
By knowing the warning signs of roof problems that may lead to leaking, you can save yourself from facing more serious home damage and repair costs.
Roof Leak Detective signs to look for:
1) Buckling Shingles: areas of your roof will look wavy; this may be caused by movement in the deck of your roof or improperly applied felt.
2) Missing Shingles: easy to spot; often caused by storms or high winds, usually related to improper fastening.
3) Algae and Mold: will create large areas of discoloration; caused by growth of airborne fungi or algae deposited on roof.
4) Damaged Flashing: this is the metal area around the bottom of your roof penetrations (air vents, plumbing vents skylights, etc.).
5) Curling Shingles: this when your shingles start to smile at you- curling up on the edges; can be caused by water absorption or hot air in the attic.
P.I. Roofing – Your Trusted Roof Leak Detective
Recognizing the potential signs that your roof may be at risk of leaking is a good way to avoid bigger problems later. But the best thing to do to make sure your roof is in top shape is to have a yearly roof inspection scheduled by a trusted roofing company. Check out our online reviews on Google and Facebook to find out what others have to say about us!